Member for Baulkham Hills David Elliott today announced five projects would receive a total of $200,000 under the NSW Government’s 2013 Community Building Partnership program.
Mr Elliott said he was pleased NSW Premier Barry O’Farrell announced the roll out of over 1,315 community projects across NSW as a part of $90 million allocated to the program over four years.
“Building and restoring local infrastructure as well as supporting local construction jobs and businesses are a welcome boost in enhancing local investment in our community,” Mr Elliott said.
“There was strong competition for the available funds and a high level of interest from the community with over 2,700 applications received across the state in total.”
Projects to receive funding in Baulkham Hills include:
– $23,000 for a new bus shelter at Crestwood Public School;
– $14,550 for a new outdoor learning area and carport for 2nd Baulkham Hills Scouts;
– $19,250 for a new storage facility for The Hills Rugby Union Club;
– $123,550 for a new outdoor performance stage at Bella Vista Farm; and
– $19,650 for new lighting at Northmead Bowling Club