Member for Baulkham Hills David Elliott today encouraged local homeowners and businesses to take advantage of new online planning tools, which will make the planning
system faster and simpler.
The new ePlanning tools went live today, bringing the State’s planning system into the digital age to help plan for a growing NSW.
“Too many local people have told me the planning system is tough to navigate,” Mr Elliott
“That’s why I’m pleased the NSW Government has invested in making the planning system simpler and more convenient.
“Using these tools could save homeowners and businesses precious time and money by
making the planning system more accessible from home, from work or while out and about via a smartphone or tablet.
The new ePlanning tools include:
- Planning Viewer – to show the planning rules that apply to properties in NSW where a standard Local Environmental Plan has been adopted
- Interactive buildings – users will be able to click on an interactive 3D image model of a standard home, commercial or industrial property and understand in plain English what development standards apply and what work can be undertaken as exempt development.
- Local Insights – to see a range of useful planning related statistics and projections at a council level and the location of current development applications where available, from mobile devices, tablets or computers.
“These tools will transform the planning system and drive it into the digital age,” Mr
“I’m keen to hear feedback from anyone who uses the new tools about how we can make them even better.”
The NSW Government has also been working with councils to:
- Expand the Electronic Housing Code to 89 council areas. This tool allows users submit complying development applications online.
- Enable all NSW councils to offer residents the ability to track development applications online, through grant funding.
The first release of these versions of the ePlanning tools will be live available from Monday 28 July and can be accessed at www.planning.nsw.gov.au/eplanning