Baulkham Hills State Liberal MP David Elliott has announced the NSW Government’s Sport Facility Program is now open for applications to provide funding for local sporting projects.
“The Sport Facility Program helps provide funding for sports clubs in Baulkham Hills and across NSW,” Mr Elliott said.
“The program assists grassroots organisations improve local sporting facilities, which helps people get involved in organised sport.”
Grants of up to $25,000 to improve sporting facilities are available on a dollar for
Mr Elliott emphasised the benefits of increased participation in sporting activities.
“Sport is incredibly important for health and wellbeing, as well as bringing people in the community together,”
“It encourages qualities such as teamwork, persistence and leadership amongst both young and old.”
The Sport Facility Program aims to increase participation opportunities in sport by:
- improving safety at sporting facilities
- improving amenities at sporting facilities
- developing environmentally sustainable sporting facilities
- addressing barriers to participation in sport
Projects eligible for funding at sporting clubs include:
- enhance existing facilities e.g. watering systems, safety netting, lighting and upgrade of surfaces
- provide ancillary facilities e.g. sun protection shelters, change rooms, shower and toilet blocks
- construct new fixed and portable facilities and infrastructure
Applications close 31 October 2014.
For more information and to apply, visit www.dsr.nsw.gov.au/grants
or phone 13 13 02.