Baulkham Hills State Liberal MP David Elliott hosted a successful fourth annual Hills youth leaders reception at Parliament House last Wednesday.
Special guest Premier Mike Baird held court with the next generation of Hills leaders, emphasizing the importance of courage in leadership.
The event was open to captains, vice captains and prefects of all public and private schools in the Baulkham Hills electorate.
More than 40 principals and students from the Hills attended the reception and took the opportunity to meet and mingle with today’s leaders in preparation for future community leadership roles.
Mr Elliott spoke about the importance of youth leadership in providing the experience necessary to embrace future leadership roles within the broader community.
“Successful leaders, regardless of their role in the community, always have a strong education in leadership in their earlier years,” Mr Elliott said.
“I was thrilled with the manner in which serving and future leaders of our community interacted, which shows how this event will only serve to benefit our community in the future.
“Some of our great leaders did not seek to lead but had their responsibilities thrust upon them.
“By engaging our future leaders now, they can impart the knowledge they gain to their peers, ensuring we prepare a whole generation for tomorrow.”
Other attendees at the event included:
- The Hon Mike Baird MP, Premier of New South Wales;
- Superintendent Robert Critchlow, The Hills Local Area Command;
- Commissioner Adam Dent, NSW State Emergency Services;
- Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons, NSW Rural Fire Service;
- The Hon Shelley Hancock MP, Speaker of the NSW Legislative Assembly;
- Ms Evelyn Lester, Local Controller, The Hills SES;
- Superintendent Alex Scott, Zone Commander, New South Wales Fire Brigades;
- Commissioner Peter Severin, NSW Corrective Services;
- Mr Martin Ollis, Castle Towers Centre Management;
- Mr Alex Thorp, Lewis Land Group of Companies;
- Colonel Don Tait OAM, President Castle Hill RSL; and
- Major General Warren Glenny AO RDF ED, President Castle Hill RSL