Baulkham Hills State Liberal MP David Elliott has congratulated Hills resident Trent Richmond on his nomination for the 2015 Asia-Pacific Future Leaders Taiwan Study Tour.
Mr Elliott said Mr Richmond was nominated for the programme for his work within the Hills community.
“Trent’s active approach to helping the local community makes him an ideal candidate for the tour,” Mr Elliott said.
“Trent is joining other young community leaders in engaging with members of the Taiwanese Government and will gain an understanding of the nature of democracy in Asia.
Mr Richmond departed with Australian delegates on Tuesday 11 August.
The nine day tour programme includes:
- A Tour to the Presidential Office of Taiwan;
- Lectures on Taiwanese foreign policy, Taiwanese international trade, Taiwanese history and the importance of agriculture in South East Asia;
- A visit the National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall; and
- A visit to the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) Campaign Headquarters;
- A visit to the Kuomintang (KMT) Campaign Headquarters; and
- Various cultural events.
The tour is run by the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office as part of the promotion of democracy throughout South East Asia.