St John (NSW) is hosting a Summit in Sydney on 17 and 18 May, 2012, on the theme of Building Resilient Community, a forum on how the wider community can contribute to better outcomes in emergencies, through working together and significantly supporting the emergency services.
There are range of high profile speakers including:
- The Hon Barry O’Farrell MP, Premier of NSW
- The Hon Peter Collins, Chairman, St John (NSW)
- Professor Gordian Fulde, Director Emergency Department, St Vincent’s Hospital & Sydney Hospital
- The Hon Mike Gallacher MLC, NSW Minister for Police and Emergency Services
- The Hon Jillian Skinner MP, NSW Minister for Health
- Commissioner Greg Mullins, Fire and Rescue NSW
The purpose of this Summit is to give participants an understanding of how individuals, workplaces, event organisers and communities can plan and work together to increase capability to survive a disaster or emergency. A long-term goal of St John is to build a resilient community by having at least one person in every household trained in first aid.
Please visit http://www.resilientcommunity.org.au/ for details of the program and how to register.
If there are any queries, please call the Executive Services Manager, Donna Corbett, on 9745 8868.
Please download the flyer for this event below.