Motorists are reminded to plan ahead for their journey and allow extra travel time as widening works take place at several locations along the Hills M2 over the June long weekend.
“Approximately 6.5 kilometres of the motorway will be placed in contra flow with one lane open in each direction between the Pennant Hills Road and the main toll plaza at North Ryde from 8pm on Saturday 9 June until 5am on Tuesday 12 June,” project spokesman, Peter Colacino said.
“Some on-ramps will be closed to reduce vehicles on the motorway and the speed limit will be reduced to 40km/h in the work zones to ensure the safety of motorists and workers.
“Motorists are encouraged to consider using alternative routes such as Carlingford Road, Beecroft Road and Epping Road.
“Works over the long weekend will include concrete pours at the Devlins Creek Bridge, pavement work at the Beecroft Road off-ramp and over Terrys Creek Bridge, drainage installation at the main toll plaza, and pavement placement and service relocation work in the citybound Norfolk Tunnel.”
Other works, weather permitting, occurring over the next fortnight include:
- Dismantling the old tolls booths at the main toll plaza
- Concrete drilling on Beecroft Road Bridge
- Installation of temporary noise walls
- Construction of a breakdown bay
- Installation of permanent signs and street light poles
- Surveying works, line marking and barrier relocations
About the traffic changes for June long weekend:
- One carriageway will be closed and traffic will be diverted to the opposite carriageway where work is being undertaken between 8pm Saturday 9 June to 5am Tuesday 12 June.
- One lane will remain open in each direction from Pennant Hills Road to the main toll plaza at North Ryde during the work.
- The citybound Pennant Hills Road and Beecroft Road on-ramps will be closed, as required between 9am and 6pm on Sunday 10 June and Monday 11 June.
- The westbound Lane Cove Road on-ramps will be closed as required between 9am and 6pm on Sunday 10 June and Monday 11 June.
- The westbound Herring Road on-ramp will be closed from 8pm Saturday 9 June to 5am Tuesday 12 June.
- Emergency services and buses will be provided access to motorway on-ramps during closures.
- Bus routes 619, 621 and 651 will be diverted to Lane Cove Road westbound on-ramps for access on and off the motorway while Herring Road on-ramp is closed.