Member for Baulkham Hills David Elliott has announced that the NSW Footy Facilities Fund is now open for applications.
The program is a joint initiative of the National Rugby League and the NSW Government, and offers funding for projects throughout NSW.
“This program is an important initiative that will help fund grassroots footy clubs in Baulkham Hills and throughout NSW,” Mr Elliott said.
“Members of the sporting community understand that modern, safe facilities will increase participation in the future.
“The NRL and the NSW Government want to get behind our local footy clubs, and support this vision.”
The main objectives of the Footy Facilities Fund are to:
- increase regular and on-going participation opportunities in Rugby League; and
- improve the standard of Rugby League grounds and facilities
Additionally, applications can be strengthened by addressing one or more of the following:
- improve safety at sport and recreation facilities (e.g. upgrade of field to provide a safer playing field, access pathways for players, disability ramps)
- increase the security at sport and recreation facilities (e.g. installation of fencing)
- remove barriers to promote inclusion in Rugby League (e.g. upgrade of amenities to increase female participation, provision of disability access, upgrade of referee amenities)
- develop environmentally sustainable sport and recreation facilities (e.g. installation of drainage, rainwater tank, upgrade lighting for environmental impact)
- build strong communities
Applications close on 9 January 2015.
For more information and to apply, visit www.dsr.nsw.gov.au/grants or phone 13 13 02.