Hills State Liberal MPs David Elliott and Mark Taylor today announced the NSW Footy Facilities Fund is now open for applications until 12th August 2015.
The program is a joint initiative of the National Rugby League and the NSW Government, and offers funding for projects throughout NSW.
“This program is an important initiative that will help fund grassroots footy clubs in the Hills and throughout NSW,” Mr Elliott said.
“The NRL and the NSW Government want to get behind our local footy clubs, and support their work in the community,” Mr Taylor said.
The main objectives of the Footy Facilities Fund are to increase regular and ongoing participation opportunities in Rugby League and to improve the standard of grounds and facilities.
Additionally, applications can be strengthened by addressing one or more of the following:
- improving safety at sport and recreation facilities (e.g. providing safer playing field, access pathways for players, disability ramps)
- increase the security at sport and recreation facilities (e.g. installation of fencing)
- remove barriers to promote inclusion in Rugby League (e.g. upgrade of amenities to increase female participation, provision of disability access, upgrade of referee amenities)
- develop environmentally sustainable sport and recreation facilities (e.g. installation of drainage, rainwater tanks, more efficient lighting)
- building strong communities.
For more information and to apply, visit www.dsr.nsw.gov.au/grants or call 13 13 02.