Baulkham Hills State Liberal MP David Elliott today announced that six projects would a total of $200,000 in funding for community infrastructure committed to rebuilding NSW and creating local jobs.
The funding has been provided under the NSW Government’s Community Building Partnership program.
Mr Elliott said he was delighted the NSW Premier Mike Baird announced the roll out of these local projects as part of over 1500 throughout NSW.
“There was a strong level of interest from the community for the available funds, with almost 3,000 applications received across NSW,” Mr Elliott said.
“Local businesses and construction jobs will benefit this community infrastructure is built, upgraded and enhanced.
“The NSW Government is getting on with the job ensuring a stronger and better Baulkham Hills as part of our plan to rebuild NSW.
Local projects to receive funding include:
– $35,750 for disabled access for the community hall, preschool and church at St Matthews Uniting Church;
– $22,088 for a permanent senior courtyard shade structure at Muirfield High School;
– $33,223 for modifications to Our Lady of Lourdes; Church Hall in Baulkham Hills;
– $15,939 for the refurbishment of sports courts at Excelsior Public School;
– $80,000 for a new community hall for the Coptic Orthodox Church of St Mary, St Kosman and St Demain; and
– $13,000 to rebuild the playground at Sun Valley preschool West pennant Hills.
“I look forward to seeing the benefits of these local projects announced today for Baulkham Hills as they are undertaken and more importantly put into use.”