Member for Baulkham Hills David Elliott is encouraging people to recognise the unsung heroes in the community, with nominations now open for the 2012 NSW Carers Awards.
“The hard work of carers often goes unnoticed, but this is one way for the community to recognise the incredible sacrifices they make,” Mr Elliott said.
“Carers put their lives on hold to support some of the most vulnerable people in the community, and it’s important we recognise their vital role in enhancing the health and wellbeing of others.”
The categories for the Awards include:
- Individual carer;
- Carer support group;
- Supporting Working Carers – Government sector;
- Supporting Working Carers – Non-government organisation;
- Supporting Working Carers – Private sector;
- Supporting Young Carers – Primary/secondary school;
- Supporting Young Carers – Tertiary education provider;
- Supporting Young Carers – Non-government organisation;
- Supporting Young Carers – Government agency.
Nominations can be made online at www.adhc.nsw.gov.au until Friday 15 July 2012.
Carers Awards will be presented at local government ceremonies during NSW Carers Week (Sunday 14 October to Saturday 20 October), while a special event will be held on Monday, 15 October at NSW Parliament for the major recipients.