Motorists are being told to expect two tolling beeps when travelling on the Hills M2 over coming weeks as testing gets underway for new tolling equipment at the Main Toll Plaza, North Ryde.
The new tolling equipment is necessary to accommodate the three lanes of both westbound and eastbound traffic through the main toll plaza. The new equipment has been installed as part of the Hills M2 Upgrade.
“Testing will be carried out on the new tolling equipment at the Hills M2 Motorway main toll plaza at North Ryde, from 1 November until late November,” said Hills M2 spokesman, Peter Colacino.
“Motorists travelling with eTAGs in their vehicle can expect to hear two beeps when travelling, once under the existing toll plaza and a second beep under the new toll plaza, near Culloden Road Bridge.
“Despite the two beeps, only one toll will be charged to motorists.
“In order to test the performance of the new tolling equipment against the existing tolling system, both systems are required to operate simultaneously during the commissioning period.
“The new toll gantry will undergo tests to ensure it accurately registers eTAGs in passing vehicles. It will not be used to process tolls.
“As always motorists should check their tolling account statement each month, and should call their tolling account provider or Roam Express on 13 76 26 with any questions.”
The following ramp closures will be in place:
· Westbound Herring Road on ramp will be closed on Wednesday, 31 October and Thursday, 1November between 8pm and 5am.
· Westbound Beecroft Road off ramp will be closed Tuesday, 30 October between 9pm and 5am
· Eastbound Christie Road off ramp will be closed on Tuesday, 30 October between 8pm and 5am
· Eastbound Beecroft Road on ramp will be closed on Thursday, 1 November between 9pm and 5am
Works on the upgrade over the coming fortnight, weather permitting, include:
· Joint repair work
· Road pavement cross stitching
· Asphalt milling
· ITS trenching and signage works
· Removal of scaffolding at Murray Farm Road bridge
· Inspection and fitting of new toll gantry at the main toll plaza
· Excavation and haulage for construction of new Christie Road on ramp
· Work between the Lane Cove on ramp and main carriageway
FURTHER INFORMATION: For more information on the Hills M2 Upgrade, visit www.hillsm2upgrade.com.au or contact 1800 196 266 or via email@example.com.
For up to date traffic information contact the Transport Management Centre at livetraffic.com or 132 701. For up to date information on bus services contact 131 500, Hillsbus (02) 9890 0000 or Busways – (02) 9625 8900.