Member for Baulkham Hills David Elliott today announced nine projects would receive a total of $200,000 for community use in the Baulkham Hills electorate.
The funding has been provided under the NSW Government’s Community Building Partnership program.
Mr Elliott said he was delighted the NSW Premier Barry O’Farrell announced the roll out of 1235 community projects throughout the state as a part of $90 million allocated to the program over four years, with religious, educational and recreational facilities all receiving a boost from this year’s package.
“Local construction jobs and businesses will benefit from the activity as this community infrastructure are built, upgraded and enhanced,” Mr Elliott said.
“While the NSW Government is getting on with the job of delivering major infrastructure projects, like the North West and South West Rail Links and upgrades to the Pacific and Princes Highways, we understand important local community infrastructure benefits too.
“The NSW Government is getting on with the job of rebuilding the state by delivering the largest state infrastructure agenda in Australian history – worth some $61.8 billion over the next four years.
“There was strong competition for the available funds and a high level of interest from the community with almost 2,500 applications received across the state in total.
“I look forward to seeing the benefits to our communities as projects are undertaken and more importantly put into use across Baulkham Hills,” Mr Elliott said.
Projects to receive funding in Baulkham Hills are:
- An extension to the childrens play area at Holy Trinity Church, Baulkham Hills;
- Construction of sun shade structures at Crestwood High School;
- Construction of a sun shade structure at Crestwood Public School;
- Contribution towards a replacement two truck for the Life Education Mobile Learning Centre;
- Installation of security and fire equipment to and between heritage buildings at Redeemer Baptist School;
- Roof, guttering and stormwater upgrades and repairs to the concrete slab at 2nd Baulkham Hills Scout Hall;
- Upgrade of the external lighting system at 1st North Rocks Scout Hall
- Construction of shade and weather protection and a paved area at the Hill’s Men Shed; and
- Provision of an internet kiosk at Northmead Uniting Church.